submersible bore pumps
Our range of larger solar pump systems is divided up into AC1 single phase and AC2 Three phase. We manufacture and assemble the solar controller unit in our Adelaide factory. Designed for Australian conditions – and with additional internal and external cooling to suit hot harsh, dusty conditions. Supplied DIY or we can arrange installation.
The AC1 unit will drive a pump motor up to 2.2KW / 3 HP and will accept a 240V AC generator input. This is probably the most popular solar Pump controller / system we sell. Single or three phase motors / pumps can be run with this unit. Supplied plug and play – IP66 – with or without a solar tracking system.
Standard AC1 System:
AC1 with 6 panels suitable for pumps up to 1.5KW / 2 HP – Recommended generator 5KVa (+)
AC1 with 10 /12 solar panels – suitable for pumps up to 2.2 kW /3 HP – Recommended generator 6KVa (+)
Typical AC1 and AC2 Submersible pump solutions:
Note: the same chart applies to vertical multistage transfer, centrifugal or screw type pump motors.
AC2 for 3 Phase 400 / 415V 50HZ motors driven by solar and or 415V 3 phase grid / generator.
Standard AC2 System:
AC2 with 12 panels for 3KW/ 4HP 3 phase pump motor. – Recommended generator 7.5KVa (+)
AC2 with 18 panels for 4KW / 5.5Hp 3 Phase pump motor – Recommended generator 10KVa (+)
GUMS BORE – NSW
AC2 – 3KW/4HP system installed
ABP Tracker with 12 x 360W solar panels (total 4320W)
Pump set at 127M (420 Feet). Output at bore head 1570 Gallons/ hour From Bore head via 2” poly to last tank 11kM – pressure switch in line at bore head set at 600Kpa (90PSI) shut off. Restart time set 30 minutes.
Install date Aug 2018
DIY installed by station owner.
All our AC pump systems are hybrid – Solar and grid generator.
AC solar Pump Standard Kits and Engineered solutions. Australian Bore Pumps AC pumps kits are the latest in new technology. The standard kits cover the most popular Bore pump and transfer pump sizes.
AC systems offer more advantages – (for larger systems)
- Using solar to drive simple phase, low voltage 3 phase and high voltage 3 phase
- All AC pumping units accept a generator input (single or three phase)
- Auto start the generator
- You can run a 3 phase pump with a single phase generator or grid power.
- Existing pumps using a generator can be used and powered by solar either single or three phase.
- Pump speeds are variable to suit requirements. ⦁ Our range of AC pumps is very comparatively priced from European supplier
- Single Phase 240V / 3 Phase 220V or 3 phase 415V motors can be powered by solar.
- The required generator size / capacity is more than halved to run single phase pumps.
- Any electric motor can be powered – does not have to be submersible pump so the same system can run multiple pump systems or a cool room.
Some of our customers have mounted a unit on a trailer – and then it can be used as a back-up bore pump or back up ground tank pump etc. If you don’t see what you need on the standard AC kits – then please contact us as we have too many pump systems to list. We can also work with existing pump installations to convert to Solar – replacing wind mills and generator sets is a major part of our business. From 1/2HP to 155HP solar pumps – submersible of transfer – we have the solution.